Employers - Support apprenticeships and sign up to the Employer Pledge
Helen Riley - Business & Admin Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 ''I have gained Knowledge on the Apprenticeship Programme that I can apply in the workplace.''
Apprenticeships - What you need to know
Studying on an Apprenticeship will provide you with the required skills for your profession, whilst developing on the job experience. Warrington Collegiate has a wide range of apprenticeships available throughout the year.
What is an Apprenticeship?
As an apprentice, you will –
- Earn a wage and work alongside experienced staff with your employer to gain valuable job-specific skills.
- Work for an employer (normally for a minimum of 30 hours per week) whilst studying (usually one day a week) at Warrington Collegiate to gain a nationally recognised qualification. Anyone living in England, over 16 years-old and not in full-time education can be an apprentice.
- Study on an apprenticeship for between one and four years (depending on the level of Apprenticeship, your ability and the industry sector).
Why should I do an apprenticeship?
There are many benefits from doing an Apprenticeship, including:
- Earning a salary
- Getting paid holidays
- Receiving training
- Gaining qualifications
- Learning job-specific skills
How do I apply for an Apprenticeship?
You will need to find employment in a relevant job to the apprenticeship programme that you want to study.
Competition for apprenticeship employment vacancies can be fierce, so here are a few suggestions to improve your chances –
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS) and use their online Apprenticeship Vacancies website.
Click here to register with the NAS and start searching their apprenticeship vacancies.
- Contact employers directly. Research local employers in the area that you are interested in and write them a letter enquiring about apprenticeship vacancies within their organisation.
- Ask friends and family if they know of anyone who works or owns a business in the area that you are interested in, and find out if they are looking to employ an apprentice.
The following apprenticeships are available:
For more information about the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We add new vacancies in all subjects to the National Apprenticeship Service website every day - click here to see the vacancies currently available.
For further information about apprenticeship vacancies, contact 01925 494703.
If you are suffering abuse, bullying or any other inappropriate behaviour whilst online, click the CEOP button to report it.
Full Time Prospectus - 2015 EntryThinking about studying with us in September 2015? Click here for the 2015 Full Time Prospectus
Great Services Provided by ApprenticesView our image gallery of great services provided by our apprentices.
Made by ApprenticesView the image gallery and check out what our apprentices have made during their course