The Future Tech Studio is a new type of the state school for 14-19 year-olds of all abilities. The Future Tech Studio opened in September 2014.
- The Future Tech Studio School aimed at 14 – 19 year olds specialises in offering young people the opportunity to study qualifications leading to careers in the IT & Telecommunications, Business Management and Design Engineering Service sectors.
- Students at the Studio School gain work-related skills such as communication, team-working and enterprise skills, as well as technical vocational skills required for careers in the key sectors of IT & Telecommunications; Business & Finance and Design Engineering.
- All students work towards a mix of academic, vocational and professional qualifications in line with the national curriculum at Levels 2 and 3, which are highly valued by employers.
- The Studio School has strong employer partnerships with local businesses, including: Barclays, Brookson, Grant Thornton, Electricity North West, The Environment Agency, Martin Dawes Systems, National Nuclear Laboratories, Nuvia, Talk Talk Business, United Utilities and UTV Media.
- Employers assist in designing the curriculum, deliver master classes, provide work placements and mentor students.
If you would like further information about the Future Tech Studio School, visit the website