The Future Tech Studio is a new type of the state school for 14-19 year-olds of all abilities. The Future Tech Studio opened in September 2014.
- The Future Tech Studio School aimed at 14 – 19 year olds specialises in offering young people the opportunity to study qualifications leading to careers in the IT & Telecommunications, Business & Finance and Engineering Service sectors.
- Students at the Studio School gain work-related skills such as communication, team-working and enterprise skills, as well as technical vocational skills required for careers in the key sectors of IT & Telecommunications; Business & Finance and Engineering (Energy & Infrastructure).
- All students work towards a mix of academic, vocational and professional qualifications in line with the national curriculum at Levels 2 and 3, which are highly valued by employers.
- The Studio School has strong employer partnerships with local businesses, including: Barclays, Brookson, Grant Thornton, Electricity North West, The Environment Agency, Martin Dawes Systems, National Nuclear Laboratories, Nuvia, Talk Talk Business, United Utilities and UTV Media. These employers assist in designing the curriculum, deliver master classes, provide work placements and mentor students.
- Employers assist in designing the curriculum, deliver master classes, provide work placements and mentor students.
If you would like further information about the Future Tech Studio School, visit the website