If you need help exploring your career or study options, writing or checking your CV, preparing for interview, applying for university, finding out how or where to apply for jobs or apprenticeships, the college Careers Service can help you.
Careers and HE Advice
If you need career or study advice, our dedicated careers team are here to help and support students.
- Help to explore your career or study options
- Support with CV writing or updating your CV
- Useful tips and techniques for job and university interviews
- University application support
- Help and support with job and apprenticeship opportunities
We are based in Learner Services and provide a drop in service or you can book an appointment.
Careers Opening Times
Wednesday - Thursday 8.30am - 5pm
Friday - 8.30am - 4.30pm
To make an appointment contact the Careers Service on 01925 494660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Careers Advice and Guidance
We can help and support you to explore your career options and help you to decide on the right career for you. We provide information on courses and make sure that you choose the right course for your career path.We also arrange careers fairs throughout the year for students, with a variety of employers, universities and other organisations attending.Our careers library has a great selection of guides and books covering many topics from working abroad and self-employment, to apprenticeships and job directories.
Thinking about University?
The Careers Service can provide advice and support for students planning to study higher education, including -
- Applying to university
- Writing a Personal Statement
- Choosing your course
- University interviews
- Support with any application issues
We also organise university workshops and visits, arrange guest speakers to attend college sessions and organise HE open day visits.
Looking for Employment?
The careers Service Team offer a wide range of services to help students find employment and make an informative choice about their future career. Our services include –
- Workshops and talks with employers
- Visits to employer work places
- Job search – how to find and apply for vacancies
- Specialist guide books and directories
- How to write a CV and covering letter
- How to fill in application forms
- Succeeding at interview
- CV updating
- Mock interviews
To research University courses and to make your applications.
University Comparison Sites
Compares different universities e.g. student teaching ratios, facilities, destinations, student feedback etc.